How to Create a WordPress Video Gallery with Thumbnails
This tutorial will show you how to create a WordPress video gallery with thumbnails and add it to a WordPress post or page.
You can add HTML5, YouTube, YouTube playlist, Vimeo, Dailymotion and Iframe videos to the gallery, and then create a WordPress video gallery with thumbnails in a few minutes.
There are 3 steps in this tutorial:
- Step 1 - Install Wonder Gallery
- Step 2 - Create a WordPress Video Gallery with Thumbnails
- Step 3 - Add WordPress Video Gallery to WordPress Page
At the end of the tutorial, we will create a WordPress video gallery with thumbnails as follows:
Step 1 - Install Wonder Gallery
Wonder Gallery is a responsive WordPress gallery plugin that can help you easily create both an image gallery as well as a video gallery.
First please install the WordPress premium plugin Wonder Gallery. You can download the free version from the home page, test it, make sure it works for you before upgrading to the commercial version.
Step 2 - Create WordPress video gallery with thumbnails
After you have installed the plugin Wonder Gallery, in your WordPress dashboard, go to the left menu Wonder Gallery > New Gallery, create a new gallery.
In the Gallery editor, step 1 > Images & Videos, add the videos from different sources.
- Click Add Video tab, add your MP4 video URL and Poster Image URL.
- Click Add YouTube Video tab, add your YouTube video URL.
- Click Add YouTube Playlist tab, add your YouTube API key and YouTube playlist ID.
- Click Add Vimeo tab, add your Vimeo video URL.
- Click Add DailyMotion tab, add your DailyMotion video URL. In the DailyMotion video page, click the share button at the right side of the video, copy the video link, then add the copied URL to the gallery.
In the gallery editor, step 2 > Skins, select a skin with thumbnails.
There are a few different skins you can choose from. Please view the examples of WordPress video gallery with thumbnails here: WordPress Gallery Examples.
Step 3 - Add WordPress video gallery with thumbnails to WordPress page
Click the Save & Publish button to publish the gallery, the plugin will generate the gallery shortcode. To add the WordPress video gallery to a WordPress page, copy the generated shortcode and add it to the page editor.