This tutorial will show you how to add a recent post carousel or a category post carousel to your website. You will find how easy it is to automatically update your carousel using WonderPlugin Carousel.
Step1. Prepare the post with specific configuration
2. Choose the categories. You can select one or more categories. The category is one of the filter selections when you create the post carousel.
3. Set the featured image. The featured image will be added to the carousel as the post image.
Step2 create the post carousel
3. Click the drop-down menu of “Select Posts”. Then choose the item from “Recent Post” or “Category”. If you choose “Recent Post”, the carousel will display all of the recent posts up to the number you set. If you choose “Category”, the carousel will only display the posts which are belonging to the category you select. Click OK button.
5. Click “Save & Publish” button. You can click “View Carousel” to preview the carousel. If you are not satisfied with the one you just created, click “Edit Carousel “, this will take you to the “Edit Carousel” page. Then repeat step 3 and 4. If you are happy with the carousel, you only need to copy the shortcode or php code.
6. Open the page or post you want to insert the post carousel, paste the code in the “Text” window. Then click the “Publish” or “Update” button on the right side of the page.
Now you got a post carousel which could be automatically updated when you post new contents.